More Than Meets the Eye
Adjustments are memorable because they can seem frightening to those who are unfamiliar with them. However, rest assured that adjustments are not only safe when done by a chiropractor; they can be a great step toward improved mobility and reduced pain.
Chiropractic Care Explained
What Chiropractic Care Does
What are Chiropractic Adjustments?
The Goals of Adjustment
The goal of chiropractic adjustments can be any one or more of the following:
To properly align different parts of your body that have become misaligned due to poor posture, stress, and/or strain.
To reduce pain levels and inflammation.
To improve mobility and range of motion
Reasons for Seeking an Adjustment
Benefits of Chiropractic Adjustments
Reservations About Adjustments
When those conditions are met, adjustments are not dangerous. They can be a very useful treatment option to help patients experience better health and mobility outcomes without relying on medication to get them.
Who Can Get Adjustments?
What to Expect from an Adjustment
- Your first consultation will be our chance to lay the foundation for your treatment. During this, we’ll discuss your pain points, lifestyle, and the outcomes you’re looking to achieve.
- We’ll lay out your treatment plan, contextualizing your adjustment into it so you know how it fits into your journey and what to expect.
- Your adjustment will be done as is appropriate for your needs. If you have any questions about it beforehand, don’t hesitate to ask!
During the Adjustment
After an Adjustment
- Soreness in the treatment area or surrounding areas
- Fatigue in the treatment area
- Adrenaline, excitement, or even elation
On the other hand, none of the following side effects are common:
- Sharp pain
If you experience severe pain or are simply unsure if your symptoms are normal after an adjustment, the best thing you can do to put your mind at ease is to consult with your chiropractor.